"I really like how God and the History of Art ties in with the history. It really helps to see how art progressed and changed over the various time periods."Debbie
Creation to the Greeks Package
Travel back in time to Old Testament days and see God's hand throughout ancient history in this year-long curriculum for 4th-8th grade.
Learn how the biblical account fits in with other civilizations such as Egypt, Greece, and Babylon. Old Testament stories and celebrations come to life, while science with experiments points to God's design including dinosaurs and other discoveries.
4TH - 8TH GRADE
Creation to the Greeks
- Travel back in time to Old Testament days and see God’s hand throughout ancient history.
- Learn how the biblical account fits in with other civilizations such as Egypt, Greece, and Babylon.
- Old Testament stories and celebrations come to life, while science with experiments points to God’s design including dinosaurs and other discoveries.
- Easy-to-teach lesson plans guide you through each day.
We recommend starting with Exploring Countries and Cultures
- If your family has never used Exploring Countries and Cultures, we highly recommend it before continuing your chronological study of history.
- This foundational study of countries, cultures, geographic terms, and God's heart for all people makes all future study of history more understandable and retainable.
- Daily lesson plans are in an easy-to-use weekly chart format for each subject with page numbers of books to read and instructions.
- Many activities will be suitable for all ages; additional activities are suggested for older students.
- Many simple hands-on activities are included in the Teacher's Manual to reinforce the study of geography.
- Teacher's Manual includes details on using our Math and Language Arts recommendations, which are purchased separately.
- Study Old Testament stories in depth using your Bible combined with the DK Illustrated Family Bible and World History from Ancient to Modern Times for helpful background information.
- Participate in the Jewish feasts celebrated in Old Testament times and learn how they point to Jesus, the Messiah, using Celebrating Biblical Feasts.
- Integrate the history of other civilizations, such as Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, and Greece, with Old Testament history. All of history is viewed from a Christian perspective using the Bible, Streams of Civilization, and other resources.
- Complete a timeline and create a history notebook, which includes a page for each major event or person, map work, and illustrations to color.
- Enjoy playing the ancient Egyptian game of Senet, writing in cuneiform on clay tablets (cookies), and sampling Old Testament times food.
- Hands-on projects from Ancient Egypt and other sources reinforce learning.
- Focus on the six days of Creation with science experiments from Science from the Beginning.
- Study creation science using Dinosaurs of Eden and science related to the pyramids using Pyramids. Includes hands-on activities.
- For 7th and 8th graders, add a science course (purchase separately).
- Enjoy hands-on projects from ancient history.
- Music appreciation lessons focus on Vivaldi, Bach, and Handel with easy-to-use CD's.
- Art lessons include drawing as well as Egyptian and Greek themes from a godly perspective, using God and the History of Art.
- Enjoy the classic Greek stories, the Iliad and the Odyssey from The Children's Homer, as well as fables from Aesop's Fables for Children.
- Books by Patricia St. John (The Tanglewoods' Secret, Treasures of the Snow, and Star of Light) inspire children to live the Christian life.
- Vocabulary lessons focus on Greek roots this year and Latin roots next year using English from the Roots Up.
- Take a free math assessement and add the suggested math courses.
- Add the suggested language arts courses.
- Foreign language is optional but highly recommended.
- A Synergy Group is two or more families who meet weekly to participate in science, history/geography, art, and music activities from your My Father's World Teacher's Manual.
- The group leader uses a Free Synergy Guide which schedules easy-to-teach group activities with minimal preparation.
- LEARN MORE
- The Family Learning Cycle solves many time management problems.
- This curriculum package can be taught to children at several different grade levels, all at the same time.
- The concept may take some getting used to, but it has several important benefits for your family.
- LEARN MORE
Add-Ons to Complete Your Curriculum
Package Includes All of the Following
This is our third year with My Father's World. I have never been disappointed. It keeps getting better and better. The study of history in context with the Bible is bringing the Old Testament to life for us.Erin
What a wonderful, special year Creation to the Greeks has been in the life of our family.Jenn
I love the organized lesson planning and the chronology of history. The 'flow' of learning is effortless.Crista
I really like how God and the History of Art ties in with the history. It really helps to see how art progressed and changed over the various time periods.Debbie
Just wanted to let you know how very much I have enjoyed the Creation to the Greeks curriculum with my three children. It has been a blessing to us beyond words! I can honestly say that this is my first year of looking forward to homeschooling. I had to let you know how much it is appreciated! Thank you again for putting this all together.Rebecca P.
My wife and I have been homeschooling our daughter from pre-K through now, all through My Father's World. My wife has been doing the lion's share of the schooling! We are so, so very pleased with and grateful for My Father's World. Your curriculum is top-notch, and your hearts seem golden. Thank you for the love you pour into the work you do, and into the families that utilize your curriculum. Our daughter is growing, and growing in the Lord, and you are a part of that in her life. It is Kingdom work, and we are profoundly grateful for your part in it.Brian F.