"I really like how God and the History of Art ties in with the history. It really helps to see how art progressed and changed over the various time periods."Debbie
Creation to the Greeks Package
Travel back in time to Old Testament days and see God's hand throughout ancient history. Learn how the biblical account fits in with other civilizations such as Egypt, Greece, and Babylon. Old Testament stories and celebrations come to life, while science with experiments points to God's design including dinosaurs and other discoveries.
Creation to the Greeks Package
Travel back in time to Old Testament days and see God's hand throughout ancient history in this year-long curriculum for 4th-8th grade.
Learn how the biblical account fits in with other civilizations such as Egypt, Greece, and Babylon. Old Testament stories and celebrations come to life, while science with experiments points to God's design including dinosaurs and other discoveries.
4TH - 8TH GRADE
Creation to the Greeks
- Travel back in time to Old Testament days and see God’s hand throughout ancient history.
- Learn how the biblical account fits in with other civilizations such as Egypt, Greece, and Babylon.
- Old Testament stories and celebrations come to life, while science with experiments points to God’s design including dinosaurs and other discoveries.
- Easy-to-teach lesson plans guide you through each day.
We recommend starting with Exploring Countries and Cultures
- If your family has never used Exploring Countries and Cultures, we highly recommend it before continuing your chronological study of history.
- This foundational study of countries, cultures, geographic terms, and God's heart for all people makes all future study of history more understandable and retainable.
- Daily lesson plans are in an easy-to-use weekly chart format for each subject with page numbers of books to read and instructions.
- Many activities will be suitable for all ages; additional activities are suggested for older students.
- Many simple hands-on activities are included in the Teacher's Manual to reinforce the study of geography.
- Teacher's Manual includes details on using our Math and Language Arts recommendations, which are purchased separately.
- Study Old Testament stories in depth using your Bible combined with the DK Illustrated Family Bible and World History from Ancient to Modern Times for helpful background information.
- Participate in the Jewish feasts celebrated in Old Testament times and learn how they point to Jesus, the Messiah, using Celebrating Biblical Feasts.
- Integrate the history of other civilizations, such as Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, and Greece, with Old Testament history. All of history is viewed from a Christian perspective using the Bible, Streams of Civilization, and other resources.
- Complete a timeline and create a history notebook, which includes a page for each major event or person, map work, and illustrations to color.
- Enjoy playing the ancient Egyptian game of Senet, writing in cuneiform on clay tablets (cookies), and sampling Old Testament times food.
- Hands-on projects from Ancient Egypt and other sources reinforce learning.
- Focus on the six days of Creation with science experiments from Science from the Beginning.
- Study creation science using Dinosaurs of Eden and science related to the pyramids using Pyramids. Includes hands-on activities.
- For 7th and 8th graders, add a science course (purchase separately).
- Enjoy hands-on projects from ancient history.
- Music appreciation lessons focus on Vivaldi, Bach, and Handel with easy-to-use CD's.
- Art lessons include drawing as well as Egyptian and Greek themes from a godly perspective, using God and the History of Art.
- Enjoy the classic Greek stories, the Iliad and the Odyssey from The Children's Homer, as well as fables from Aesop's Fables for Children.
- Books by Patricia St. John (The Tanglewoods' Secret, Treasures of the Snow, and Star of Light) inspire children to live the Christian life.
- Vocabulary lessons focus on Greek roots this year and Latin roots next year using English from the Roots Up.
- Take a free math assessement and add the suggested math courses.
- Add the suggested language arts courses.
- Foreign language is optional but highly recommended.
- A Synergy Group is two or more families who meet weekly to participate in science, history/geography, art, and music activities from your MFW Teacher's Manual.
- The group leader uses a Free Synergy Guide which schedules easy-to-teach group activities with minimal preparation.
- LEARN MORE
- The Family Learning Cycle solves many time management problems.
- This curriculum package can be taught to children at several different grade levels, all at the same time.
- The concept may take some getting used to, but it has several important benefits for your family.
- LEARN MORE
Add-Ons to Complete Your Curriculum
Package Includes All of the Following
The first time I read through the lessons I started getting teary-eyed . . . it is such a gift that someone out there had the time and passion to create something so valuable for the rest of us! There are so many values and experiences you want to give to your children, but the pace of life doesn't usually give you the time to think it through and plan and research out all the details. This package puts it all at your fingertips! Fun, exploration, good balance of learning and play, values taught in a relaxed way, and more. Wow. Thank you! It's great!Elizabeth M.
You have done an amazing job putting together the sweetest things for our little kids. Thank you!Rebecca H.
I like the simplicity of the activities. I like that the projects are easy and I do not need to buy lots of supplies. I LOVE the books.
I like that this teaches character and it is not overwhelming. I had [a different] curriculum I was going to use, but I am glad to be using this instead. This is much easier and less work, but allows my son to feel like he is doing school. This really does not take too much time. The crafts are easy and the books are all excellent choices.Magda L.
This curriculum seems to go along well with "habit training" - getting my son used to the idea that he has to follow directions and that I have certain activities preplanned for him. I think this is preparing him well for school in the coming years.
I love the great books included in the curriculum. Such a nice selection of books! It's also a great pace and a lovely amount of time-not too much, no stress, not killing his love of what he's learning. I applaud you for that! Thank you so much!Katie B.
I like being able to open lesson plans and follow a well thought out program. It is easy for me to adjust a program, but it is much harder for me to invent one. My college training in Science and Engineering did not really prepare me to teach preschool. Thank you for all your hard work because I have more time to spend teaching and engaging my children with less stress and frustration for all of us.Maegan F.
One thing MFW has done for me is really hold my hand and help me do those things that I desire to do with my kids, but never really have the time to plan and prepare.
Thank you for offering this program. It is giving me the tools and resources to be intentional with developing our relationship and also working godly character traits into her life.Tina P.
We are just loving your program. :)
My daughter loves all the books and wants to read them over and over throughout the day. :) we give them a huge thumbs up. :)
This program has helped me carve out little bits of time just for my daughter and she really looks forward to this new routine. :) She eagerly runs for her cards and activities. :) It is a huge blessing. :)
Thank you. :)Leah M.
I just love that the approach with this program is gentle, and yet has really impacted and helped my son's learning in a way that he loves. It takes all the ideas of what a child loves to do, and incorporates it into fun learning units. I have seen this with colors, numbers, Bible stories, and pre-writing skills. I am glad you can create something that is filled with learning skills, and keep it interesting and fun for the child.Heather J.