"I really like how God and the History of Art ties in with the history. It really helps to see how art progressed and changed over the various time periods."Debbie
Creation to the Greeks Package
Travel back in time to Old Testament days and see God's hand throughout ancient history in this year-long curriculum for 4th-8th grade.
Learn how the biblical account fits in with other civilizations such as Egypt, Greece, and Babylon. Old Testament stories and celebrations come to life, while science with experiments points to God's design including dinosaurs and other discoveries.
4TH - 8TH GRADE
Creation to the Greeks
- Travel back in time to Old Testament days and see God’s hand throughout ancient history.
- Learn how the biblical account fits in with other civilizations such as Egypt, Greece, and Babylon.
- Old Testament stories and celebrations come to life, while science with experiments points to God’s design including dinosaurs and other discoveries.
- Easy-to-teach lesson plans guide you through each day.
We recommend starting with Exploring Countries and Cultures
- If your family has never used Exploring Countries and Cultures, we highly recommend it before continuing your chronological study of history.
- This foundational study of countries, cultures, geographic terms, and God's heart for all people makes all future study of history more understandable and retainable.
- Daily lesson plans are in an easy-to-use weekly chart format for each subject with page numbers of books to read and instructions.
- Many activities will be suitable for all ages; additional activities are suggested for older students.
- Many simple hands-on activities are included in the Teacher's Manual to reinforce the study of geography.
- Teacher's Manual includes details on using our Math and Language Arts recommendations, which are purchased separately.
- Study Old Testament stories in depth using your Bible combined with other resources in your package that contain helpful background information.
- Participate in the Jewish feasts celebrated in Old Testament times and learn how they point to Jesus, the Messiah.
- Integrate the history of other civilizations, such as Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, and Greece, with Old Testament history. Learn how the Ten Plagues were a judgment against Egypt's gods, and why Israel and Judah feared Assyria. All of history is viewed from a Christian perspective.
- Complete a timeline and create a history notebook, with pages for each major event or person and map work.
- Play the ancient Egyptian game of Senet, writing in cuneiform on clay tablets (cookies), and sample Old Testament times food. Hands-on projects are designed to reinforce learning.
- Enjoy library book that enrich topics you study. We provide an extensive list of recommended books for independent reading, but none are required.
- Focus on the six days of Creation with extensive information and science experiments.
- Study creation science, dinosaurs, and science related to the pyramids.
- Enjoy an optional weekly nature walk and nature journal.
- For 7th and 8th graders, add a science course (purchase separately).
- Enjoy hands-on crafts and art projects related to the Old Testament, Egypt, and Greece.
- Begin a four-year chronological study of art and art history, focusing on Egyptian and Greek art. Develop drawing and painting skills while gaining a godly perspective on art history.
- Begin a four-year chronological study of famous composers, focusing this year on the baroque composers Vivaldi, Bach, and Handel.
- Enjoy the classic Greek stories, the Iliad and the Odyssey from The Children's Homer, as well as fables from Aesop's Fables for Children.
- Books by Patricia St. John (The Tanglewoods' Secret, Treasures of the Snow, and Star of Light) inspire children to live the Christian life.
- Develop vocabulary skills with a focus on Greek roots this year and Latin roots next year.
- Take a free math assessment and add the suggested math courses.
- Add the suggested language arts courses.
- Foreign language is optional but highly recommended.
- A Synergy Group is two or more families who meet weekly to participate in science, history/geography, art, and music activities from your My Father's World Teacher's Manual.
- The group leader uses a Free Synergy Guide which schedules easy-to-teach group activities with minimal preparation.
- LEARN MORE
- The Family Learning Cycle solves many time management problems.
- This curriculum package can be taught to children at several different grade levels, all at the same time.
- The concept may take some getting used to, but it has several important benefits for your family.
- LEARN MORE
Add-Ons to Complete Your Curriculum
Package Includes All of the Following
This is our third year with My Father's World. I have never been disappointed. It keeps getting better and better. The study of history in context with the Bible is bringing the Old Testament to life for us.Erin
What a wonderful, special year Creation to the Greeks has been in the life of our family.Jenn
I love the organized lesson planning and the chronology of history. The 'flow' of learning is effortless.Crista
I really like how God and the History of Art ties in with the history. It really helps to see how art progressed and changed over the various time periods.Debbie
Just wanted to let you know how very much I have enjoyed the Creation to the Greeks curriculum with my three children. It has been a blessing to us beyond words! I can honestly say that this is my first year of looking forward to homeschooling. I had to let you know how much it is appreciated! Thank you again for putting this all together.Rebecca P.
My wife and I have been homeschooling our daughter from pre-K through now, all through My Father's World. My wife has been doing the lion's share of the schooling! We are so, so very pleased with and grateful for My Father's World. Your curriculum is top-notch, and your hearts seem golden. Thank you for the love you pour into the work you do, and into the families that utilize your curriculum. Our daughter is growing, and growing in the Lord, and you are a part of that in her life. It is Kingdom work, and we are profoundly grateful for your part in it.Brian F.
Creation to the Greeks is one of Cathy Duffy's 103 Top Picks! See her review.