"Exploring Countries and Cultures does a terrific job teaching world geography and is helping us to become sensitive to the need for Jesus in our world."L. J.
S2K Commerce - Products DropdownActions
S2K Commerce - Order EntryActions
Exploring Countries and Cultures Package 3rd Ed
Travel the world as you explore diverse countries and cultures while learning geography. Read true stories of missionaries and the Gospel of Matthew to understand God's heart for the world in this year-long curriculum for 3rd-8th grade.
Students are introduced to the physical and spiritual needs of mankind as they learn about ecosystems and lifestyles in different parts of the world. Prepare traditional food, make native crafts, and listen to ethnic music.
Teacher's Manual includes details on using our Math and Language Arts recommendations, which are purchased separately.
3RD - 8TH GRADE
Exploring Countries & Cultures
- Take a trip around the world and explore diverse countries and cultures while learning geography and being challenged by true stories of Christian missionaries.
- Experience different cultures by preparing traditional food, making native crafts, and listening to ethnic music.
- Curriculum also includes U.S. geography, Bible, science, art, music, and more.
- Easy-to-teach lesson plans guide you through each day.
Do you have a 7th or 8th grader?
- If yes, purchasing the 7th - 8th Grade Supplement for Exploring Countries is required.
- This Supplement includes More advanced books and activities designed specifically for older children.
Educational Development with My Father's World
- A Structured Guide for 4 Hours a Day
- Teach Multiple Children at Once
- Synergy Groups
- Hands-On Activities
- Kids Learn from Each Other
- Global Focus
- Daily lesson plans are in an easy-to-use weekly chart format for each subject with page numbers of books to read and instructions.
- Many activities will be suitable for all ages; additional activities are suggested for older students.
- Many simple hands-on activities are included in the Teacher's Manual to reinforce the study of geography.
- Teacher's Manual includes details on using our Math and Language Arts recommendations, which are purchased separately.
- True stories from Hero Tales of Christian men and women and the character traits they portrayed as they served as missionaries.
- Weekly information about different ethnic groups around the world and their specific prayer needs, using Window on the World.
- Weekly memory verses and daily readings from Matthew.
- Maps and globes are explored with Children's Atlas of God's World, Classroom Atlas, and a world wall map, as well as additional hands-on activities.
- Easy-to-use full-color Geography Game teaches country names and locations.
- Vocabulary focuses on geographic terms as students make illustrated vocabulary cards using Geography From A to Z.
- Research skills are developed through the study of continents in Exploring World Geography.
- Hands-on activities (cooking, flag making, passport, etc.) to explore 15 countries using Come to the Table and our Teacher's Manual. Library books provide enrichment for country topics that you study.
- A focus on different habitats (desert, rain forest, grassland, forest, polar region, etc.) using Properties of Ecosystems and Living World Encyclopedia.
- Correlates to the country being studied (e.g., rain forest when studying Brazil).
- For 7th and 8th graders, add a science course (purchase separately).
- Develop a love for reading using "living" books from our excellent library list of picture books, fiction, and non-fiction for each country you study.
- We list the very best books we have read, but none are required.
- Enjoy art projects and music from countries you "visit" this year using A World of Art and our Teacher's Manual.
- Take a free math assessment and add the suggested math courses.
- Add the suggested language arts courses.
- Foreign language is optional but highly recommended.
- A Synergy Group is two or more families who meet weekly to participate in science, history/geography, art, and music activities from your My Father's World Teacher's Manual.
- The group leader uses a Free Synergy Guide which schedules easy-to-teach group activities with minimal preparation.
- LEARN MORE
- The Family Learning Cycle solves many time management problems.
- This curriculum package can be taught to children at several different grade levels, all at the same time.
- The concept may take some getting used to, but it has several important benefits for your family.
- LEARN MORE
Add-Ons to Complete Your Curriculum
Package Includes All of the Following
Let me start by saying that this is no ordinary curriculum...I couldn't wait to see what they would come up with in terms of a geography curriculum, and I was totally blown away. Following the teachings of Charlotte Mason, with their own uniquely developed ideas for unit studies, Marie and David have produced a geography unit study package that is one of the best I have seen in every way...The Old Schoolhouse Magazine
Exploring Countries and Cultures does a terrific job teaching world geography and is helping us to become sensitive to the need of Jesus in our world.L. J.
I just wanted to let you know what a great first year we're having with My Father's World! Our children (12 & 9) were in public school until this year, so I was really nervous about what we should do with them. They have learned more geography in one year than they would have learned by the end of high school in our public schools. They enjoy school each day because of the variety of the curriculum, and they never know what to expect. The Teacher's Manual is so organized, and we love how every day begins with Bible reading. It reminds us that we can't do this without God's help. Thanks for putting together such an amazing collection of teaching tools, making it easy for me to just follow along and feel like a pro.Annette A.
We love My Father's World and are committed to their vision for raising kids with a heart for God's people all over the world.Kelly H.
Exploring Countries and Cultures is one of Cathy Duffy's 103 Top Picks! See her review.