God's Creation from A to Z Essentials Package
The God's Creation from A to Z Essentials Package includes all the essential elements you need to give your child a quality Bible-centered kindergarten education. Take your child on a year-long learning adventure focusing on the wonder of God's creation.
The sun, moon, rocks, vegetables, elephants, butterflies, and dinosaurs are just a few of the exciting topics you will explore.
Book Basket™ lists are included in the back of the Teacher's Manual with appropriate pre-screened book recommendations often available at your local library. Or save time and money with the God's Creation from A to Z Premier Package which includes the 25 classic read-alouds you need for a hassle-free learning experience.
God's Creation from A to Z
- A year-long complete curriculum — Bible, reading and language arts, math, science, art and music.
- Focus on the Creation story from Genesis for two weeks, followed by 26 hands-on, easy-to-teach unit studies (one letter and science topic each week).
- Explore the sun, rocks, vegetables, elephants, butterflies, dinosaurs, and so much more with simple science projects, related Bible concepts, easy hands-on activities, music, and children's literature. (Read-aloud books are included in the Premiere Package but not the Essentials Package. Both packages include an extensive list of recommended library books for each lesson.)
- Enjoy exclusive videos that combine fascinating science facts with biblical concepts for each of our 26 science topics. Produced by the Wild Brothers, four homeschooled brothers who encourage us to live the ultimate adventure of following Jesus.
Educational Development with My Father's World
- Hands-On Units
- Multi-Sensory Phonics
- Step-by-Step Instructions
- Character Development
- 90 Minutes Daily
- Includes 100 Chart and monthly calendar, poems, phonics-based reading lessons, and handwriting.
- All typical kindergarten math goals are taught using hands-on activities and colorful worksheets.
- Bible/character development lesson and the day's special hands-on activity
- Activities focus on science, math, art, children's literature, and creative thinking.
- Books and poems are included in the package and scheduled in the Teacher's Manual.
- The Teacher's Manual includes an extensive list of our favorite read-alouds for each lesson to find at your library (all optional).
- Unstructured outside play for health and large motor development.
- This highly successful multi-sensory phonics approach makes teaching reading easy.
- Hands-on and workbook activities are combined to teach letter names, 26 letter sounds (consonants and short vowels), sound blending, and correct handwriting.
- Students learn to read and write short vowel words.
- By mid-year they are reading very simple stories.
- As part of our "learning to love to read" focus, for each unit children enjoy a children's literature book related to the theme plus related activities.
- Our informal, integrated approach helps children easily learn foundational math concepts.
- Many skills are woven into the lessons as students cut an apple in half, measure and compare the lengths of dinosaurs and whales, and order leaves by size.
- All typical kindergarten goals are taught, including:
- Counting objects
- Writing numerals
- Preparing and understanding charts and graphs
- Comparing, classifying, sequencing
- Understanding ordinal numbers, fractions (whole/half), clocks, money
- An introduction to addition and subtraction.
- These subjects are integrated into the 26 easy-to-teach thematic units.
- Each week focuses on one alphabet letter and one corresponding science topic.
- For example, in the first lesson, "S-s-sun":
- Learn that, like the sun, Jesus is the Light of the World
- Study about the sun, construct and use a sundial
- Observe and chart grapes as they become raisins
- Paint a sun and listen to a funny book about shadows
- Each weekly unit includes theme-related crafts and an activity with classical music.
- This special focus is integrated into each unit.
- For example:
- The turtle lesson teaches, "I don't quit -- I persevere!"
- The horse lesson teaches, "I obey right away."
- The zebra lesson teaches, "I can't hide anything from God."
Add-Ons to Complete Your Curriculum
Package Includes All of the Following
We are DELIGHTED with the Kindergarten curriculum. Your lessons are so wonderfully laid out for successful homeschooling. My daughter used to say, "I don't want to do school." Now she sits right down, expecting to have fun! And my toddler can easily participate in the science projects. We're enjoying My Father's World immensely.J.O., Oregon
This is my first year homeschooling and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do it. My Father's World has been a blessing . . . I am constantly amazed at the organization and completeness of the curriculum. We are thrilled with it all . . . The art and science projects are very well laid out, simple enough for my kids to understand and yet so full of fun and wonder that the kids have learned a LOT about God's creation.Michele
Just wanted to let you know how much my son has enjoyed your program. We started it when he was 4, he has since turned five, and he is on lesson 25. He can't wait to do his work each day and he is reading the short stories each week with ease. We tell everyone that has young children about My Father's World.Charla, North Carolina
Thank you so much for making such a wonderful program.
God's Creation from A to Z can be very helpful, not only to inexperienced homeschool parents, but also to veterans who have children at higher levels as well as little ones.Paula, Texas
A solid program like My Father's World can ease the burden of a parent-teacher pulled in several directions and ensure that the kindergarten child in a larger family will not "fall in the cracks" or have any serious gaps in their learning.
God's Creation from A to Z is one of Cathy Duffy's 103 Top Picks! See her review.