Unwrapping the Pharaohs
John Ashton and David Down
Enjoy a breathtaking journey through the pyramids and temples of ancient Egypt as famous Egyptians are brought to life. Learn how the timeline of ancient Egypt fits with biblical history and the exodus of the Jews.
Mummies, pyramids, and pharaohs! The culture and civilization of the ancient Egyptians have fascinated people for centuries. However, in recent years, liberal teachers and professors have used the traditional Egyptian chronology to undermine the truth of the biblical record in Exodus. Authors David Down and John Ashton present a groundbreaking new chronology in Unwrapping the Pharaohs that supports the biblical account. Go back in time as famous Egyptians such as the boy-king Tutankhamen, the female pharaoh Hatshepsut, and the beautiful Cleopatra are brought to life. Learn who the pharaoh of the Exodus was and where his pyramid is in this captivating new look at Egyptian history.
- Gives a new chronology, which confirms the old testament accounts of Moses, the Exodus, and Joseph
- Fascinating facts about ancient Egyptian civilization and life
- Complete with over 300 beautiful full-color photographs
Includes free DVD
Enjoy a breathtaking journey through the pyramids and temples of Egypt with author and archaeologist David Down.
- Go deep into ancient tombs, and discover the fascinating architecture and history of the pyramids.
- See how discrepancies in biblical and secular chronologies are easily reconciled.
- Enjoy 86 minutes of footage filmed on location in Egypt at actual archaeological sites.
Ancient History and Literature is a one-year curriculum for high school that integrates history, English, and Bible (3 full-year credits).
Throughout the year, our pre-planned lessons guide the student through the entire Old Testament, while applying its truths to their lives with insightful questions and discussions.
Students develop composition skills and analyze literary classics from a Christian perspective with invigorating vocabulary, grammar, and critical thinking questions.
My Father's World believes Ancient History and Literature is critical to a biblical scope and sequence, integrating Old Testament readings with the study of ancient cultures and literature.