U.S. History to 1877 plus DECLARE Coaching
U.S. History to 1877 plus DECLARE Coaching combines this one-year curriculum for high school with online coaching through a Synergy Mentorship approach. Students will receive 18 bi-weekly group coaching calls, access to a private communication platform with students and coach, quarterly calls with student leaders and more.
This package integrates U.S. history, government, English, and Bible (3 full-year credits). Throughout the year, students will develop a biblical worldview in their daily life, in areas such as history, economics, law, and science.
This curriculum focuses on the time of early exploration to the Civil War and dives into the structures and functions of the U.S. Government through reading historical documents, political speeches, and literature written during that time period.
Recommended for 11TH GRADE
U.S. History to 1877 plus DECLARE Coaching
- U.S. History to 1877 lesson plans are written to the student for parent-guided independent work.
- On Fridays, the student and parent have a conference to discuss the week's topics and review completed work. There are 36 weeks of lessons, five days a week, with a somewhat lighter schedule on most Fridays.
- Online DECLARE Coaching gives students opportunities to grow in responsibility and planning skills along with access to a private communication platform with students and their DECLARE coach and access to a community of like-minded students.
- Students participate in 18 bi-weekly group coaching calls and quarterly Design Your Future calls with student leaders sharing insight on the struggles and rewards of life in this season.
- Parents participate in quarterly calls with the DECLARE coach. Designed to make your high school homeschooling experience the best and easiest, these calls develop the partnership between parents and the coach throughout the school year.
- New groups start August 2024
- You will need to add science, math, and electives.
Educational Development with My Father's World
- Growth and accountability focused DECLARE Coaching
- U.S. Government
- Grammar Review
- Descriptive Timeline
- Historical Documents and Speeches
- Early Explorers to Reconstruction
- 10 Specific Aspects of Christian Worldview
- 18 bi-weekly group coaching calls. A coach will meet with your student in a group setting to walk through the material they have been studying since the last call and offer accountability to follow up with goals they set and school assignments that are due.
- Access to a private communication platform with students and coach
- Opportunity to grow in responsibility and planning skills
- Access to a community of like-minded students
- Quarterly parent/coach calls. Designed to make your high school homeschooling experience the best and easiest, these quarterly calls develop the partnership between parents and the coach throughout the school year. The coach is also available whenever you have a question or need assistance.
- Quarterly Design Your Future calls held with student leaders in the Unbound community to share insight on the struggles and the rewards of life in this season
- Parents are responsible for grading assignments and assigning final grades.
- Develop a consistent biblical worldview in the areas of theology, philosophy, biology, psychology, ethics, sociology, law, politics, economics, and history.
- Study Thinking Like a Christian by David Noebel and Chuck Edwards of Summit Ministries, and Assumptions That Affect Our Lives. Includes a daily journal and projects.
- Grow in applying God's truths to daily life through the encouragement and challenges in Growing Up Christian and Christian Character.
- Participate in service projects chosen and/or developed by the student and the parent/teacher.
- Study from early exploration to the Civil War and Reconstruction periods.
- Assignments include extension activities with maps, comprehension questions, and chapter tests. One semester credit. (U.S. history after 1877 is studied the following year.)
- Study U.S. government with comprehension questions, chapter tests, and related projects. One semester credit.
- Optional: Attempt CLEP college credit for U.S. History 1 at the end of the year. Prepare with the study guide CLEP History of the United States I (available separately).
- Read historical documents such as the Mayflower Compact and early political speeches.
- Read literature written during the historical periods being studied. The primary focus is analyzing the author's worldview in light of a biblical worldview.
- All the literature is fully scheduled in the lesson plans so that assigned readings coordinate with history events being studied.
- Assignments include questions for some of the literature as well as short answer/essay assignments.
- For several weeks students select reading books from a recommended list.
- Review grammar (punctuation, capitalization, parts of speech, etc.) 5-10 minutes each day to improve the accuracy of the student's writing and assist in ACT/SAT review.
- Optional: Attempt CLEP college credit for English at the end of the year. Prepare with the study guide CLEP College Composition (available separately).
Add-Ons to Complete Your Curriculum
Package Includes All of the Following
I have really enjoyed how the lessons have each day planned out for me. The choice of books that are assigned are also very good books that I almost always enjoy. This curriculum has been a great Christ-based curriculum that has greatly impacted my spiritual life.Josh, age 17
I have learned so much about our country and it is really neat to be able to apply what I have learned to everyday situations I see or hear about.Sarah, age 17
My Father's World skims the best of homeschooling methods, the best of reading materials, and the best of study/real world balance. My Father's World combines these three effective paths with God's character focus to create a dynamic opportunity for family growth. Our family was homeschooled together in an eclectic, meaningful, and excellent way. All three of our children used My Father's World from grades 1-12.
Each of our three children, all having very different personalities and learning styles, thrived because the curriculum provided the framework to build a personal, relational education. Our weekly library trips were extremely fruitful as we were directed to timeless, excellent books listed in the "book basket." The children grew to love learning, which was my number one goal. My second goal was to give them the tools and drive to love learning independently.Anndrea M.
As a new homeschool teacher 11 years ago My Father's World was very appealing to me because it contained everything I needed to teach my child without being worried I was forgetting something. It's a very comprehensive curriculum.
One of the biggest things I appreciate about My Father's World is that every book and every subject is chosen very carefully to present the student with a Biblical worldview. It's precious to be able to have discussions throughout the day about God's creation, who God is according to His word and be able to see that the Lord is over all which ties back to every subject we study. God's World is not compartmentalized.Julie V.
It's been 13 years since our homeschooling journey began with our first daughter. My Father's World curriculum & staff have assisted & supported our educational goals ever since the beginning. Our daughter graduates this year. We are thankful for the strong academic, moral & faith-based curriculum she has had access to over the years with My Father's World. We plan to continue using the curriculum as we home educate our other 8 children.Linda N.
We have greatly enjoyed using the My Father’s World materials over the last 12 years. As a former college educator, I appreciated the well-written, well-planned rhythm of the curriculum. My kids have been successfully developing increased independence through each phase of their studies, and as my son heads into college classrooms this fall, I have great confidence in his preparedness for the college experience. Thank you for supplying our family with the materials we’ve needed to give our kids a Biblically-centered, academically-strong education.Laura W.
U.S. History to 1877 is one of Cathy Duffy's 103 Top Picks! See her review.