Learning God's Story Package
Learning God's Story is our complete, easy-to-teach first grade curriculum with a phonics and Bible-based reading program.
The integrated lessons also include language arts, history, science, math, art, and music.
Learning God's Story
- A year-long first grade Christian curriculum.
- A phonics-based reading program that focuses on the Bible.
- The integrated lessons also include language arts, social studies, science, music, math, and art.
- Easy-to-teach lesson plans guide you through each day.
Educational Development with My Father's World
- Bible Notebook and Timeline
- Genesis to Revelation
- Hands-On Bible and Science
- Easy-to-Teach Phonics
- Foundation Math Principles
- Does your child know the 26 letter sounds (consonants and short vowels)? Letter names are not as important.
- Letter names are not as important.
- Is your child generally able to print alphabet letters correctly?
- Is he generally able to place letters accurately on kindergarten-sized lined paper?
- Can he easily read short words such as hat, pig, and men without your help and without any accompanying pictures?
- Was he taught how to blend sounds, not just memorize words?
- Is he developmentally able to sit long enough to copy 4-6 short words on kindergarten-sized lined paper without complaining or becoming tearful?
- Is your child mature enough to sit cooperatively for 20-30 minutes at a time for structured school activities?
- Learning God's Story for first grade will take up to 2 hours each day to complete.
- Will your child be six by the beginning of school?
- A mature five-year-old about whom you can answer yes to all of the above questions may seem ready to begin first grade. However, we still encourage you to use God's Creation from A to Z because of all the wonderful things your child will learn about a relationship with Jesus through the integrated Bible and science.
- Kindergarten reading and writing assignments can be adjusted to meet the needs of a child who is already reading simple words.
- History focuses on Bible history from the beginning (Creation) to Revelation.
- Hands-on history projects, such as making a Bible-times costume and celebrating a Sabbath meal, help students understand and experience the world of the Bible.
- Creating a timeline helps to visualize Bible stories as actual events that fit into history.
- Step-by-step instruction in phonics makes teaching reading easy.
- Learning God's Story begins with a quick review of letter names and sounds.
- Following this are in-depth teaching of all necessary phonics to produce an independent reader.
- The Teacher's Manual provides easy-to-follow daily lesson plans that teach new skills and allows continuous review.
- Student worksheets reinforce phonics, spelling, and handwriting skills.
- By week 13 students are reading Bible stories in a special beginning level Bible Reader, which is included with the curriculum.
- Learn about nature, using three age-appropriate, engaging science books included with the curriculum.
- Our Teacher's Manual includes an extensive library list of optional science literature books to reinforce topics.
- Our Teacher's Manual combines Dimensions Math® 1A-1B and math manipulatives with a practical, hands-on approach to teach math. It also includes an extensive library list of optional math literature books to reinforce topics.
- Activities such as a pretend store and cafe (with receipts for addition/subtraction) reinforce skills.
- Math becomes part of daily life, is practical and well-understood, and is even enjoyable!
- Drawing lessons are included to help students illustrate their Bible Notebook. Simple hands-on crafts expand understanding of Bible times.
- Art appreciation cards provide a framework to study and discuss great works of art.
- The names and sounds of the instruments in the orchestra are taught through hands-on activities and related music.
Add-Ons to Complete Your Curriculum
Package Includes All of the Following
Just wanted to let you all know that we are enjoying our trek through My Father's World's 1st grade program (6-year-old daughter) and Exploring Countries and Cultures (8-year-old daughter). We also have a 3-year-old daughter who loves to "learn" with us. The My Father's World curriculum is THE BEST that I've come across in my experience both as a homeschool mom and as a formal classroom teacher in the public and private school systems. My family loves it, and as a result, we are growing closer to one another and to the Lord.Cheryl
We also have awesome adventures through the woods, wild flower fields and beaches in our outdoor exploration days.
We are really really enjoying My Father's World first grade program. Bethany has a ball and learns tons. David and Marie, the Lord is blessing our family with your hard work and effort to create such a Biblically-based and high quality product. Only in eternity will you really know the far reach of this ministry. Giving families a tool to aid in raising the next generation to be godly and have a firm foundation in the Word is a precious ministry. Thank you!Rebecca
Thank you so much for making homeschooling so do-able and fun. I have completed the kindergarten program and am about half way through the first grade material that you have written. My Father's World material is so God centered and yet so complete as far as academics is concerned.Amber
Thank you again and may God richly reward you.
I would highly recommend the book Drawing With Children. I used it with my daughter when she was in My Father's World first grade program and she really enjoyed it and it helped build her confidence immensely. I also learned a lot, too.Erin
Now I am using the program with 4th - 6th graders to teach an art unit at our homeschool group, and they love it too.
Thanks so much for the silly story that goes with drawing the map of the Middle East.(This is part of My Father's World first grade program.) I will never forget and neither will my son. It is so wonderful the way your curriculum is put together. We love it!!!!! I know now where the Euphrates and Tigris Rivers are at! Yea!!! I am learning right along with my son and it has been very inspiring!Maria from West Texas! Yahooooooo!
This is our 8th year to home school. Our oldest is in college and our younger ones recently began My Father's World first grade program and Exploring Countries and Cultures. We have always put together our own curriculum, so this has been a big adjustment for me, but I love what My Father's World has done. The biggest benefit to me is that we can sit down and begin because everything is done for us. I always did lesson plans before, but they never seemed to work as easily as these do. We get so much more done in a day, and the boys are enjoying it. It is so well thought through that I don't have to stop and decide how I'm going to approach the next topic.Glenna
Learning God's Story is one of Cathy Duffy's 103 Top Picks! See her review.