"We have seen such a hunger for learning and a growing love for the Lord and His word being developed in our children's lives."Jennie
Rome to the Reformation Package
Travel back to the time of the Romans and learn how they set the stage with their Pax Romana for the central event of all history - the birth of Jesus. Gain a New Testament overview with a special focus on the books of Luke, Philippians, and 1 John.
In this year-long curriculum for 4th-8th grade, view Roman civilization, the Middle Ages, the Renaissance, and the Reformation in the context of Christ and the early church, while also studying astronomy and the human body from a biblical perspective.
4TH - 8TH GRADE
Rome to the Reformation
- Travel back to the time of the Romans and learn how they set the stage with their Pax Romana for the central event of all history – the birth of Jesus.
- Gain a New Testament overview with a special focus on the books of Luke, Philippians, and 1 John.
- View Roman civilization, the Middle Ages, the Renaissance, and the Reformation in the context of Christ and the early church.
- Studying astronomy and the human body from a Christian perspective.
- Easy-to-teach lesson plans guide you through each day.
We recommend starting with Exploring Countries and Cultures
- If your family has never used Exploring Countries and Cultures, we highly recommend it before continuing your chronological study of history.
- This foundational study of countries, cultures, geographic terms, and God's heart for all people makes all future study of history more understandable and retainable.
Educational Development with My Father's World
- Astronomy and Anatomy
- Latin Roots
- Timeline and History Books
- God's Hand in History
- Middle Ages through Reformation
- Haydn, Beethoven, and Mozart
- Daily lesson plans are in an easy-to-use weekly chart format for each subject with page numbers of books to read and instructions.
- Many activities will be suitable for all ages; additional activities are suggested for older students.
- Many simple hands-on activities are included in the Teacher's Manual to reinforce the study of geography.
- Teacher's Manual includes details on using our Math and Language Arts recommendations, which are purchased separately.
- Rome, the life of Jesus, early church history, Middle Ages, Renaissance, and Reformation from a Christian perspective.
- Bible readings and memory verses.
- Hands-on projects: Make a Roman writing tablet, enjoy a Roman feast, construct a Roman arch, sample foods from the Middle Ages, play Medieval games, and more.
- Learn to play chess and construct a model castle.
- Map work, history notebook, and timeline.
- Human body - participate in simple experiments and demonstrations as well as make simple models of body systems.
- Astronomy - explore the universe from a Christian perspective. Includes hands-on activities.
- Optional weekly nature walk and nature journal.
- 7th and 8th graders use a science course instead of the above (purchase separately).
- Enjoy hands-on projects from history.
- Art lessons include drawing as well as Roman, Early Church, and Middle Ages art from a Christian perspective, using God and The History of Art (purchase separately from our Music and Art page).
- Music appreciation lessons focus on Haydn, Beethoven, and Mozart with easy-to-use CDs.
- Take a free math assessement and add the suggested math courses.
- Add the suggested language arts courses.
- Foreign language is optional but highly recommended.
- A Synergy Group is two or more families who meet weekly to participate in science, history/geography, art, and music activities from your My Father's World Teacher's Manual.
- The group leader uses a Free Synergy Guide which schedules easy-to-teach group activities with minimal preparation.
- LEARN MORE
- The Family Learning Cycle solves many time management problems.
- This curriculum package can be taught to children at several different grade levels, all at the same time.
- The concept may take some getting used to, but it has several important benefits for your family.
- LEARN MORE
Add-Ons to Complete Your Curriculum
Package Includes All of the Following
Rome to the Reformation ties in all the Biblical history right where it belongs.Julie
We are so thankful for the My Father's World curriculum. We have seen such a hunger for learning and a growing love for the Lord and His word being developed in our children's lives. We look forward to the coming years of using My Father's World!!! Keep up the good work!Jennie
Whenever I work with your company I feel like you guys are all on my side...like you're there helping me. Parenting well and homeschooling is not for the faint of heart :o) but I feel like I have a strong team in my corner for that....THANK YOU!Kathy L.
Personally, this is our family's fourth year using My Father's World and I can't say enough praise! I have friends now using My Father's World because they hear my children loving "school" so much! Thank you!!Sherilyn P.
One of my big surprises when we found My Father's World was that my kids seemed to be learning MORE in LESS time. It’s a highly effective curriculum that gets a lot of work done without extra busy work.Carin
Thank you to My Father's World for creating in my family a love of history, starting at Creation and interweaving history in context with the rest of the world throughout time to the Modern Age. We would not be where we are today in our homeschooling, possessing a true love and passion for and desire to defend the Christian worldview of history.Jill D.
Rome to the Reformation is one of Cathy Duffy's 103 Top Picks! See her review.