"It is hands down the absolute BEST year of homeschool I've ever had! It is wiggle friendly and completely manageable."Teresa
Adventures in U.S. History Package
Travel back in time and explore U.S. history from a Christian perspective with fascinating stories, hands-on activities, a timeline, and a student-created history notebook with this year-long second grade curriculum.
Study the names of Jesus, learning about His character while reading from a grade-level Bible. Science lessons correlate with the names of Jesus, and U.S. history spotlights the biblical character of America's forefathers.
Adventures in U.S. History
- Travel back in time and explore U.S. history and patriotic symbols from a Christian perspective
- Learn through fascinating stories, hands-on activities, a timeline, and a student-created history notebook.
- Curriculum also includes U.S. geography, Bible, science, art, music, and more.
- Easy-to-teach lesson plans guide you through each day.
Does your 2nd grader have older siblings that you teach?
- 2nd or 3rd graders with older siblings in 4th - 8th grade should skip Adventures and go directly into the Family Learning Cycle, joining in their siblings' current program.
- This ensures that a parent is only teaching one program for all 2nd - 8th graders.
- The U.S. history in Adventures is covered again in Exploration to 1850 and 1850 to Modern Times in greater detail.
- 2nd or 3rd graders in these two curriculum use a supplement that includes many books from Adventures.
Educational Development with My Father's World
- U.S. History and the 50 States
- Patriotic Symbols
- Nature Studies
- Children in History
- Notebooking and Timeline
- Hands-On Activities
- Daily lesson plans are in an easy-to-use weekly chart format that lists each subject with the appropriate book titles and page numbers to complete each day.
- We do the lesson planning for you so that you have more time to enjoy teaching!
- Teacher's Manual includes details on using our Math and Language Arts recommendations, which are purchased separately.
- Learn how wonderful Jesus is as you study about the Bread of Life, the Lamb of God, the Good Shepherd, the Rock, and more.
- Includes hands-on activities and memory verses.
- Children enthusiastically read the Bible for themselves using the NIrV Discoverer's Bible for Young Readers. This Bible, based on the NIV and adapted for beginning readers, uses large 12-point type.
- Explore the fascinating world of science: stars, weather, plants, animals, atoms, energy, gravity, friction, sound, computers, and much more.
- Enjoy beautiful full-color pictures and interesting information in the First Encyclopedia of Science.
- Hands-on science activities are included in Science in the Kitchen and Science with Air.
- Nature studies include Birds, Nests, and Eggs, and optional weekly nature walks.
- Enjoy hands-on art projects related to history, geography, and Bible.
- Learn patriotic songs.
- Music appreciation lessons focus on Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker and more.
- Develop a variety of art skills - drawing, using colored pencils and colored markers, and beginning painting with I Can Do All Things.
- Take a free math assessement and add the suggested math courses.
- Foreign language is optional but highly recommended.
- A Synergy Group is two or more families who meet weekly to participate in science, history/geography, art, and music activities from your MFW Teacher's Manual.
- The group leader uses a Free Synergy Guide which schedules easy-to-teach group activities with minimal preparation.
- LEARN MORE
Add-Ons to Complete Your Curriculum
Package Includes All of the Following
We started Adventures last month. I have to say I LOVE it! I love that my two-year-old and four-year-old can join in for much of it. I love that it's all laid out for me and that it's real books and not workbooks.J. F.
We LOVE Adventures!! I don't know who likes it more, the children or me!D. C.
It is very thorough, yet gentle. It is an amazing introduction to American history for this age group.Heather
It is hands down the absolute BEST year of homeschool I've ever had! It is wiggle friendly and completely manageable.Teresa
We have been using My Father's World since kindergarten and have enjoyed each year as much or more than the one before!W. D.