"The MFW curriculum is THE BEST that I've come across! My family loves it, & as a result, we are growing closer to one another & the Lord."Cheryl M.
Learning God's Story Package
Learning God's Story is our complete, easy-to-teach first grade curriculum with a phonics and Bible-based reading program. The integrated lessons also include language arts, history, science, math, art, and music.
Learning God's Story Package
Learning God's Story is our complete, easy-to-teach first grade curriculum with a phonics and Bible-based reading program.
The integrated lessons also include language arts, history, science, math, art, and music.
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD--Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
Learning God's Story
- A year-long first grade Christian curriculum.
- A phonics-based reading program that focuses on the Bible.
- The integrated lessons also include language arts, social studies, science, music, math, and art.
- Easy-to-teach lesson plans guide you through each day.
Educational Development with My Father's World
- Bible Notebook and Timeline
- Genesis to Revelation
- Hands-On Bible and Science
- Easy-to-Teach Phonics
- Foundation Math Principles
- Does your child know the 26 letter sounds (consonants and short vowels)? Letter names are not as important.
- Letter names are not as important.
- Is your child generally able to print alphabet letters correctly?
- Is he generally able to place letters accurately on kindergarten-sized lined paper?
- Can he easily read short words such as hat, pig, and men without your help and without any accompanying pictures?
- Was he taught how to blend sounds, not just memorize words?
- Is he developmentally able to sit long enough to copy 4-6 short words on kindergarten-sized lined paper without complaining or becoming tearful?
- Is your child mature enough to sit cooperatively for 20-30 minutes at a time for structured school activities?
- Learning God's Story for first grade will take up to 2 hours each day to complete.
- Will your child be six by the beginning of school?
- A mature five-year-old about whom you can answer yes to all of the above questions may seem ready to begin first grade. However, we still encourage you to use God's Creation from A to Z because of all the wonderful things your child will learn about a relationship with Jesus through the integrated Bible and science.
- Kindergarten reading and writing assignments can be adjusted to meet the needs of a child who is already reading simple words.
- These projects help the students understand and experience the world of the Bible.
- Creating a timeline helps to visualize Bible stories as actual events that fit into history.
- Making a Bible-times costume and celebrating a Sabbath meal help students understand the culture of the Bible.
- Step-by-step instruction in phonics makes teaching reading easy.
- Learning God's Story begins with a quick review of letter names and sounds.
- Following this are in-depth teaching of all necessary phonics to produce an independent reader.
- The Teacher's Manual provides easy-to-follow daily lesson plans that teach new skills and allows continuous review.
- Student worksheets reinforce phonics, spelling, and handwriting skills.
- By week 13 students are reading Bible stories in a special beginning level Bible Reader, which is included with the curriculum.
- Learn about nature, using three age-appropriate, engaging science books included with the curriculum.
- The Teacher's Manual includes goals and activities for a hands-on approach to best develop foundational math principles.
- Manipulatives and a supplementary math workbook reinforce skills.
Add-Ons to Complete Your Curriculum
Package Includes All of the Following
The first time I read through the lessons I started getting teary-eyed . . . it is such a gift that someone out there had the time and passion to create something so valuable for the rest of us! There are so many values and experiences you want to give to your children, but the pace of life doesn't usually give you the time to think it through and plan and research out all the details. This package puts it all at your fingertips! Fun, exploration, good balance of learning and play, values taught in a relaxed way, and more. Wow. Thank you! It's great!Elizabeth M.
You have done an amazing job putting together the sweetest things for our little kids. Thank you!Rebecca H.
I like the simplicity of the activities. I like that the projects are easy and I do not need to buy lots of supplies. I LOVE the books.
I like that this teaches character and it is not overwhelming. I had [a different] curriculum I was going to use, but I am glad to be using this instead. This is much easier and less work, but allows my son to feel like he is doing school. This really does not take too much time. The crafts are easy and the books are all excellent choices.Magda L.
This curriculum seems to go along well with "habit training" - getting my son used to the idea that he has to follow directions and that I have certain activities preplanned for him. I think this is preparing him well for school in the coming years.
I love the great books included in the curriculum. Such a nice selection of books! It's also a great pace and a lovely amount of time-not too much, no stress, not killing his love of what he's learning. I applaud you for that! Thank you so much!Katie B.
I like being able to open lesson plans and follow a well thought out program. It is easy for me to adjust a program, but it is much harder for me to invent one. My college training in Science and Engineering did not really prepare me to teach preschool. Thank you for all your hard work because I have more time to spend teaching and engaging my children with less stress and frustration for all of us.Maegan F.
One thing MFW has done for me is really hold my hand and help me do those things that I desire to do with my kids, but never really have the time to plan and prepare.
Thank you for offering this program. It is giving me the tools and resources to be intentional with developing our relationship and also working godly character traits into her life.Tina P.
We are just loving your program. :)
My daughter loves all the books and wants to read them over and over throughout the day. :) we give them a huge thumbs up. :)
This program has helped me carve out little bits of time just for my daughter and she really looks forward to this new routine. :) She eagerly runs for her cards and activities. :) It is a huge blessing. :)
Thank you. :)Leah M.
I just love that the approach with this program is gentle, and yet has really impacted and helped my son's learning in a way that he loves. It takes all the ideas of what a child loves to do, and incorporates it into fun learning units. I have seen this with colors, numbers, Bible stories, and pre-writing skills. I am glad you can create something that is filled with learning skills, and keep it interesting and fun for the child.Heather J.