Study Guide The Eagle of the Ninth
Progeny Press study guides help your child develop skills in literary analysis. Introduces concepts such as plot, character development, conflict-resolution, all from a Christian perspective.
In the early second-century A.D., Marcus, along with his best friend and former slave, Esca, begins a quest deep into the northern wilds of Britain and Scotland. Determined to recover the lost eagle standard of his father's Ninth Roman Legion and redeem his family's honor, Marcus also seeks to discover his father's fate and that of the men who mysteriously disappeared under his command. Marcus will discover the true meaning of freedom, friendship, and honor.
Progeny Press study guides include:
- background on the authors and stories
- pre-reading suggested activities
- vocabulary activities related to the stories
- general content questions
- literary analysis and terminology questions designed to give students a good understanding of writing technique and how to use it
- critical analysis questions designed to help students consider and analyze the intellectual, moral, and spiritual issues in the stories and weigh them with reference to scripture
- detailed answer key