MFW Partners with HSLDA
About the HSLDA
For more than 20 years, HSLDA has been an advocate for family and homeschool freedom. My Father's World has always appreciated the work of the Home School Legal Defense Association to preserve and expand the rights of parents that chose the best educational option of homeschooling.
Since 1983, Home School Legal Defense Association's primary goal has remained the same – to bring together a large number of homeschooling families so that each can have a low-cost method of obtaining quality legal defense. HSLDA gives families the freedom to homeschool without having to face legal threats alone. Through many families sticking together, HSLDA has been able to keep the cost of a year's membership close to the rate you would have to pay for an hour of an attorney's time almost anywhere else.
After a family joins HSLDA, there are no further charges of any kind for defense in court. HSLDA pays in full all attorney fees, expert witness costs, travel expenses, and all other court costs permissible by state law for HSLDA to pay.
The majority of homeschool related legal issues faced by member families are successfully resolved through HSLDA's early intervention without any court action. Many times HSLDA attorneys call or write letters on behalf of members contacted by local officials. For those who wind up in court, HSLDA provides full representation at every stage of legal proceedings.
|One Year||Two Years||Five Years||Lifetime|
|MFW Preferred Price||$90||$165||$400||$900|
As a member, you not only receive numerous tangible benefits, but you also receive the intangible and invaluable blessing of defending liberty for future generations. Your membership not only works to further your right to homeschool now, but through you, countless other families will enjoy these same liberties as they seek to homeschool their own children in future generations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Protects your right to homeschool and defends your family. A lawyer is on call 24/7.
- Preserves homeschool freedom for all families.
- Promotes homeschooling nationwide.
- Works with state homeschooling groups to pass homeschool-friendly legislation.
- Stops unfavorable bills at the state and federal levels.
- Answers specific questions regarding homeschooling your students:
- Early years (PreK-8th grade)
- High school (including preparing for college or career paths)
- Struggling learners (special needs/gifted and talented)
- Connects you with the cause of homeschooling - preserving the right to homeschool today and for future generations
- The Court Report Magazine
- Weekly updates and e-lerts — Stay on top of the latest homeschooling news and related legislation in your state or the nation.
- E-newsletters — Early years, high school, and special needs e-newsletters are specifically designed to help you with your homeschooling challenges.
- Webinars — Members get to attend exclusive free e-vents and take advantage of a special registration discount on paid e-vents.
- HSLDA Store — Special member pricing throughout HSLDA's online store
- Curriculum Market — Save a bundle by buying and selling previously owned homeschool-related materials and books through our online auction site
- HSLDA PerX program — Take advantage of exclusive member discounts and offers from national products and services
- Patrick Henry College Preparatory Academy — $50-$100 savings on every online Advanced Placement course your high schooler takes