- Teacher's Manual
- Parent/Teacher Supplement (required)
- Student Sheets (purchase one per additional student)
- Fast Facts
- Flags of the World Ultimate Sticker Book (purchase one per additional student)
- Passport (purchase one per additional student)
- Exploring World Geography (purchase one per 3rd-8th grader or photocopy; 3rd-4th graders complete a small portion)
- Hero Tales
- Window on the World
- God Speaks Numanggang
- Children's Atlas of God's World
- Classroom Atlas
- Wall Map of the World
- Maps and Globes
- Geography from A to Z
- A Trip Around the World
- Another Trip Around the World
- Properties of Ecosystems
- Living World Encyclopedia
- Global Art
- Wee Sing Around the World (CD)
- Currency Kit
- Kingdom Tales
- Christian Heroes: Then and Now — six-book set
- Cameron Townsend
- Amy Carmichael
- Nate Saint
- David Livingstone
- George Muller
- Gladys Aylward
- Inflatable Globe
- The Great Animal Search
- Fun with Easy Origami
- Diverse Cultures
- Study of Matthew
- Memory Verses
- Map Work
- Geography Game and Flags
- Habitats and Ecosystems
- Art and Music Around the World
Take a trip around the world and explore diverse countries and cultures while learning geography and being challenged by true stories of missionaries. Experience different cultures by preparing traditional food, making native crafts, and listening to ethnic music.
Our easy-to-teach unit study includes a teacher's manual with daily lesson plans and all required books for Bible, geography, science, art, and music.
Supplement these with optional picture books and information books from the library for the countries you study. Library books are general resources and you will not need to find specific titles, although we list resources we have found helpful. (For classroom use, please contact us for special ordering information.)
Exploring Countries and Cultures is designed for use with 3rd-8th graders and 2nd graders with older siblings in the program.
If you own the first edition of ECC, there is an upgrade option available.
- Daily lesson plans are in an easy-to-use weekly chart format.
- Charts list each subject with page numbers of books to read and instructions for using Student Sheets. Many activities will be suitable for all ages; additional activities are suggested for older students. Many simple hands-on activities are included in the Teacher's Manual to reinforce the study of geography. We do the lesson planning for you so you have more time to enjoy teaching!
- True stories from Hero Tales of godly men and women and the character traits they portrayed as they served as missionaries.
- Weekly information about different ethnic groups around the world and their specific prayer needs, using Window on the World.
- Weekly memory verses and daily readings from Matthew.
- Develop a love for reading using "living" books from our excellent library list of picture books, fiction, and non-fiction for each country you study. We list the very best books we have read, but none are required.
- Maps and globes are explored with Illustrated World Atlas, Classroom Atlas, Maps and Globes, and a world wall map, as well as additional hands-on activities.
- Easy-to-use full-color Geography Game teaches country names and locations.
- Vocabulary focuses on geographic terms as students make illustrated vocabulary cards using Geography From A to Z.
- Research skills are developed through the study of continents in Exploring World Geography.
- Hands-on activities (cooking, flag making, passport, etc.) to explore 15 countries using A Trip Around the World and our Teacher's Manual. Library books provide enrichment for country topics that you study.
- A focus on different habitats (desert, rain forest, grassland, forest, polar region, etc.) using Properties of Ecosystems and Living World Encyclopedia, as well as optional library books. Correlates to the country being studied (e.g., rain forest when studying Brazil.) Includes a weekly nature walk and nature journal.
- For 7th and 8th graders, add Apologia science (purchase separately).
Art and Music
- Enjoy art projects and music from countries you "visit" this year using Global Art and Wee Sing Around the World. You may supplement with ethnic music from the library.
Math, Language Arts, and Foreign Language
A Synergy Group™ is two or more families who meet weekly to participate in science, history/geography, art, and music activities from your MFW Teacher's Manual. The group leader uses a Synergy Guide which schedules easy-to-teach group activities with minimal preparation.Learn More about MFW Synergy Groups™