- Teacher's Manual
- Student Sheets (purchase one per additional student)
- Map of the U.S./World - placemat size (purchase one per additional student)
- Map of the United States Sticker Picture
- NIrV Discoverer's Bible for Young Readers
- The Story of the U.S.
- American Pioneers and Patriots
- North American Indians
- Red, White, and Blue
- The Thanksgiving Story
- The 4th of July Story
- First Encyclopedia of Science
- Science in the Kitchen
- Science With Air
- Birds, Nests, and Eggs
- Patriotic Songs of the U.S.A. (CD)
- Fun with Magnets
- Soda Bottle Bird Feeder
- And a free gift: Synergy Guide
- Read-Alouds - seven-book set
- Pilgrim Adventures
- The Courage of Sarah Noble
- On the Banks of Plum Creek
- Sarah Whitcher's Story
- In Grandma's Attic
- Mountain Born
- Farmer Boy
- Introduction to Tchaikovsky & the Nutcracker Suite
- The Story of Tchaikovsky with Music CD
- The Best of Tchaikovsky CD
- The Nutcracker Ballet book
- I Can Do All Things Book Set with DVDs
- I Can Do All Things Book Set (purchase one per additional student)
- I Can Do All Things Instructive 4-DVD set
- U.S. History
- Patriotic Symbols
- 50 States
- Nature Studies
- Children in History
- Hands-On Activities
NOTE: Adventures in U.S. History is a one-year program designed for 2nd or 3rd graders who are the oldest in the family. 2nd or 3rd graders with older siblings in 4th - 8th grade should skip Adventures and go directly into the Family Learning Cycle, joining in their siblings' current program. This ensures that a parent is only teaching one program for all 2nd - 8th graders.
- Daily lesson plans are in an easy-to-use weekly chart format that lists each subject with the appropriate book titles and page numbers to complete each day.
- Additional helpful information and directions for using Student Sheets and hands-on activities are included. We do the lesson planning for you so that you have more time to enjoy teaching!
- Learn how wonderful Jesus is as you study about the Bread of Life, the Lamb of God, the Good Shepherd, the Rock, and more. Includes hands-on activities and memory verses. Children enthusiastically read the Bible for themselves using the NIrV Discoverer's Bible for Young Readers. This Bible, based on the NIV and adapted for beginning readers, uses large 12-point type.
U.S. History and Geography
- Enjoy U.S. history with a collection of great books, all fully scheduled in the Teacher's Manual. The Story of the U.S. provides the framework. American Pioneers and Patriots contains delightful stories about children in the early days of the U.S.
- Hands-on activities reinforce learning.
- Patriotic symbols such as the flag, the Pledge of Allegiance, and the Statue of Liberty help children understand American heritage.
- Libraries have a wealth of books about U.S. history that will add to your learning. Our Teacher's Manual includes an extensive, optional, recommended book list.
- Learn U.S. geography with a brief trip through the 50 states, one state per day, and other related hands-on projects.
- Integrate history, geography, art, composition, and handwriting as students create a United States notebook.
- Read-aloud books in the Deluxe Package enrich the study of history.
- Explore the fascinating world of science: stars, weather, plants, animals, atoms, energy, gravity, friction, sound, computers, and much more.
- Enjoy beautiful full-color pictures and interesting information in the First Encyclopedia of Science.
- Hands-on science activities are included in Science in the Kitchen and Science with Air.
- Nature studies include Birds, Nests, and Eggs, and optional weekly nature walks.
Art and Music
- Enjoy hands-on art projects related to history, geography, and Bible.
- Learn patriotic songs.
- Music appreciation lessons focus on Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker and more (in the Deluxe Package).
- Develop a variety of art skills - drawing, using colored pencils and colored markers, and beginning painting - with I Can Do All Things (in the Deluxe Package).
Math and Language Arts
A Synergy Group™ is two or more families who meet weekly to participate in science, history/geography, art, and music activities from your MFW Teacher's Manual. The group leader uses a Synergy Guide which schedules easy-to-teach group activities with minimal preparation.Learn More about MFW Synergy Groups™