The package contents still show First Edition package contents. They will be updated to show Second Edition package contents soon.First Edition Basic Package Includes:
- Teacher's Manual
- Student Sheets (purchase one per additional student)
- Include: student pages, teaching charts, game cards, badge patterns, monthly calendars, short vowel song cards, 100 chart for math, and activity sheets
- Alphabet Flashcards
- A-Z Textured Letters by Lauri
- What Really Happened to the Dinosaurs?
- Butterfly Garden
- Ant Hill
- For the Children's Sake
- Say Hello to Classical Music CD
- Cuisenaire® Rods
- Cuisenaire® Rods Alphabet Book
- Inflatable Globe
Focus: God Created the World and Everything in It
- Complete Curriculum
- 26 Hands-On Units
- Multi-Sensory Phonics
- Step-by-Step Instructions
- Character Development
- 60-90 Minutes Daily
A year-long hands-on learning adventure for young children. This complete kindergarten curriculum contains all necessary subjects and is ideal for homeschool or classroom. The first two weeks focus on the Creation story from Genesis, followed by 26 hands-on, easy-to-teach thematic units that focus on the wonders in God's creation. The sun, moon, rocks, vegetables, elephants, butterflies, and dinosaurs are just a few of the exciting topics you will explore.
This highly successful multi-sensory phonics approach makes teaching reading easy. Hands-on and workbook activities are combined to teach letter names, 26 letter sounds (consonants and short vowels), sound blending, and correct handwriting. Students learn to read and write short vowel words.
By mid-year they are reading very simple stories. The reading lessons may be used successfully with 5-year-old and mature 4-year-old children, or with older children who are just beginning to learn letter sounds.
Each unit also recommends a children's literature book and alternate choices related to the theme that becomes the focus of related activities.
An informal, integrated approach assists parents and teachers to easily teach math concepts. In addition to the daily hands-on math routines and worksheets for each unit, many skills are woven into the lessons as students cut an apple in half, measure and compare the lengths of dinosaurs and whales, and order leaves by size. All typical kindergarten goals are taught, including counting objects, writing numerals, preparing and understanding charts and graphs, comparing, classifying, sequencing and understanding ordinal numbers, fractions (whole/half), clocks, money, and an introduction to addition and subtraction.
Bible, Science, Creative Thinking, Children's Literature, and Art
These subjects are integrated into the 26 easy-to-teach thematic units. Each unit focuses on one alphabet letter and one corresponding science topic. For example, "S-s-sun":
- Students learn letter "s" and number 1
- Study about the sun, construct and use a sundial, observe and chart grapes as they become raisins, paint a sun, and listen to a funny book about shadows
- Learn that, like the sun, Jesus is the Light of the World
This special focus is integrated into each unit.
- The turtle lesson teaches, "I don't quit -- I persevere!"
- The horse lesson teaches, "I obey right away."
- The zebra lesson teaches, "I can't hide anything from God."
Clearly written step-by-step, 60-90 minute daily lessons in a grid lesson plan chart for each week are of great help to new homeschool teachers. Daily work is presented in three parts:
- 100 Chart and monthly calendar
- Reading lesson
- Bible/character development lesson and the day's special hands-on activity—focusing on science, math, art, children's literature, and creative thinking (Children ages 3-8 may learn together using these activities.)