- Teacher's Manual
- Student Sheets (purchase one per additional student)
- How the Bible Came to Us
- The Roman Empire
- Augustus Caesar's World
- Galen and the Gateway to Medicine
- The Story of the World, Volume 2
- Medieval World
- Trial and Triumph: Stories from Church History
- The Human Body for Every Kid
- The Body Book
- First Encyclopedia of the Human Body
- The Wonderful Way Babies Are Made
- Exploring Creation with Astronomy
- Best of Haydn, Mozart, and Beethoven — seven-CD set
- The Story of Haydn with Music
- The Best of Haydn
- The Story of Mozart with Music
- The Best of Mozart (two CDs)
- The Story of Beethoven with Music
- The Best of Beethoven
- Read-Alouds — four-book set
- The Bronze Bow
- Twice Freed
- Dangerous Journey
- The Door in the Wall
- Starting Chess
- Make a Castle
- Astronomy and Anatomy
- Latin Roots
- History Notebook
- God's Hand in History
- Middle Ages through Reformation
- Haydn, Beethoven, and Mozart
"But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons." Galatians 4:4
Rome to the Reformation follows Creation to the Greeks in our chronological history-based study for students in 2nd - 8th grade. Travel back to the time of the Romans and learn how they set the stage by their Pax Romana for the central event of all historyâ€”the birth of Jesus. Follow the development of the church and study the Middle Ages, culminating with the Renaissance and Reformation. Science focuses on the human body and astronomy.
If your family has never used Exploring Countries and Cultures, we highly recommend it before continuing your chronological study of history. This foundational study of countries, cultures, geographic terms, and God's heart for all people makes all future study of history more understandable and retainable.
Rome to the Reformation is a complete curriculum for Bible, history, and science. The Deluxe Package includes music, read-alouds, and several additional hands-on projects (playing chess and constructing a castle).
- Daily lesson plans are in an easy-to-use weekly chart format that lists each subject with the appropriate book titles and page numbers to complete each day and information on when and how to use Student Sheets. Most activities are suitable for all ages; some additional reading is scheduled for older students. Many simple hands-on activities are included in the Teacher's Manual to reinforce the study of history. We do the lesson planning for you so that you have more time to enjoy teaching!
- Rome, the life of Jesus, early church history, Middle Ages, Renaissance, and Reformation from a Christian perspective.
- Bible readings and memory verses.
- Hands-on projects: Make a Roman writing tablet, enjoy a Roman feast, construct a Roman arch, sample foods from the Middle Ages, play Medieval games, and more.
- Learn to play chess and construct a model castle (both in the Deluxe Package).
- Map work, history notebook, and timeline.
- Library list of optional, yet recommended books to enrich your study.
- Human body - participate in simple experiments and demonstrations as well as make simple models of body systems.
- Astronomy - explore the universe from a Christian perspective. Includes hands-on activities.
- Optional weekly nature walk and nature journal.
- 7th and 8th graders use Apologia science instead of the above (purchase separately).
Art and Music
- Enjoy hands-on projects from history.
- Art lessons include drawing as well as Roman, Early Church, and Middle Ages art from a godly perspective, using God and The History of Art (purchase separately from our Music and Art page).
- Music appreciation lessons focus on Haydn, Beethoven, and Mozart with easy-to-use CDs (in the Deluxe Package).
- Selected books (in the Deluxe Package) that are integrated with the study of history to inspire and develop godly character.
Math, Language Arts, and Foreign Language
A Synergy Group™ is two or more families who meet weekly to participate in science, history/geography, art, and music activities from your MFW Teacher's Manual. The group leader uses a Synergy Guide which schedules easy-to-teach group activities with minimal preparation.
Would you like to be in on the beginning of something new and exciting? My Father's World is developing Synergy Group Guides that support our curriculum for two or more families to use together.
Start a Synergy Group and let us know what you think and how we can make the guide even better.
Please note! This is a preliminary version. This means three things:
- The cost is minimal and the format is simpleâ€”3-hole punched to fit a notebook you provide and printed black and white.
- Because it is a preliminary version, it may only be used by you, the original purchaser. It may not be sold, loaned, or given to another family or teacher.
- Preliminary means we need feedback from homeschooling families. Did any of the activities not work for you? Were any of the instructions not clear? What suggestions do you have? We welcome your help to improve the guide. We will ask you to e-mail us your comments and suggestions.
Why are we calling this a Synergy Group™? Synergy means "working together" and describes the multiplying results when we join together â€” creating something greater than our individual efforts. Synergy Groups provide a weekly community for two or more like-minded families to encourage each other and gain the many benefits of learning together.Learn More about MFW Synergy Groups™